A Singapore casino cruise ship is something to look forward to. It is one of the rare instance wherein the government permits gambling in Singapore. There are two traditional brick and mortar casinos in the Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World Sentosa. Here you could place bets and do wagering activity in a secure space.
When Do Cruise Ships Enter Singapore?
Cruise ships with casinos on them enter during any time of the year. Residents usually board them so that they could play unguarded. Regular games are offered here such as roulette, Sic Bo, blackjack and baccarat. Poker tables are also a hit on these ships. There are 40 live tables on this cruise ship.
Brick and mortar casinos in Singapore themselves started in 2006. Before that, regulated gambling and betting was handled by Singapore Pools. After that, the construction of casinos such as the Resorts World Sentosa and Marina Bay Sands began.
Aegean Paradise Cruise Casino
This casino has a gambling session 24/7. They are at 50 Tanah Mereh Ferry Road. It may have the facade of a cruise ship, but it serves people primarily looking to have a grand time betting.
Entry fees for the Cruise Evening Trip is SGD 25. Also the minimum level of betting ($2) is reasonable to get a game.
You can also opt to stay in the casino. Here are the rates:
- $40 on week day casino
- $80 on weekend casino
Conditions for Entry:
People need to have a passport with six months of validity. For foreigners, they need PR IC/re-entry and Employment pass/S-Pass/Visit Pass/Work Permit or Student Pass. It has 14 days of validity required.
Outfit: You just need to wear a casual outfit in order to participate in a cruise casino.
Other Asian Casino Cruises
There are also other casinos that are used for gambling. Here are the most notable examples in the world:
- Deltin Royale – This casino is docked in India, and hailed as the biggest floating casino.
- Rex Fortune – The renowned casino on a boat is in Hong Kong
The fact that there are three kinds of casinos operating in Singapore. However, one has to decide what kind of casino to play in. Here are the differences in playing.
Between Brick and Mortar, Cruise Casino and Online Casino
- An online casino experience is portable – You can experience playing in your own space for an online casino. Brick and mortar and cruise ship casinos don’t give you that feeling; you’re forced to interact with the people on the ship.
- Conserve time while playing. When you go to a brick and mortar casino or a cruise ship casino, you exert time and effort to go to that place. Whereas on an online casino, you just need your phone and you’re set. Or if you prefer playing on your desktop or laptop computer, you can do that too!
- Play without distraction by other people. The best thing about playing here is that people could bet without outside noise. You will feel more relaxed and place your usual casino betting more quietly.
What are the things to Expect on a Casino Cruise
The casino is dependent on the cruise. In Singapore, there are casinos that have large cruises.
What kinds of machines and tables will you see in the casino
A Singapore casino cruise is complete in their offerings. The games include the following:
- Blackjack – a casino cruise game where you try to beat the dealer to 21
- Poker – a casino game wherein a player should heave the best hand. There is a lot of bluffing in this game
- Roulette – betting game played on a spinning wheel with special markers.
- Caribbean Stud – a welcome addition to gaming, wherein games from the ship’s culture are added
- Baccarat – While this is still rare on cruise ships, it is fast gaining ground.
Are there tournaments on the online casino?
Many tournaments are buy-ins where you pay a kind of amount to enter and don’t spend during the tournament. There are cruise lines wherein you pay a specific amount to enter. After that, you don’t spend during the casino cruise tournament. There are casino cruise line which allow rebuying during poker and blackjack tournaments.
Winners of the tournaments may win money, but the Royal Caribbean, winners will get a free cruise on which the poker tournament takes place. Winners typically win money, but winners of the tournament could also get a free cruise for two where the final Royal Poker Tournament.
Is the Casino on the cruise ship available 24/7?
No. The casinos are only functional when the ship is out to sea or docked in a port. In the times they are on the port, gambling is legal in those areas, such as Singapore, Malta or Bermuda. In other casinos, they are open in daylight hours. There is a tendency for them to be open during night hours (2 am). If you are in doubt, check the cruise schedule.
What is the minimum age to play in the casino?
For most ships, you can play in the casino if you are a minimum of 18. But there are casinos who lift up the ages 21. If you want to gamble, but think you are too young, consult first with the cruise line or travel agent.
Is the cash or cruise card used in the casino, or is everything on the cruise card?
A lot of cruises allow both cash and cruise card. At tables, they exchange cash to chips. You could also charge the price of chips on the cruise card. A lot of slot machines just get the cruise card. A lot of slot machines will get the cruise card, but some also accept cash. Although most big shops have an ATM, withdrawal fees are pretty high. So make sure you also bring cash if you’re unsure how casinos work.
Is there a casino loyalty club to earn points and perks from?
A lot of big ship casinos have a loyalty program that is different from the cruise line’s own program. Betting money helps earn you points to rewards, which includes free drinks and cruise sailings. You need to bet much money to get a number of points. However, don’t bet in the casino cruise to just earn rewards, because you will spend more money that the reward’s worth. Sometimes point on multiple ships does not carry over, so check with cruise line for a better view of their casino loyalty program.