A game that’s long been played in Southeast Asia is becoming popular in the Internet age. Pok Deng has been a popular Thai card game for so long, and with the advent of online casinos, everyone can now start playing it wherever and whenever.
What is Pok Deng?
Pok Deng is also known as a Thai card game. Here, the players aim to play for a hand better than what the dealer possesses. While doing this, they also think of the account pairs, flushers and three of a kind formations.
Pok Deng has similarities with the Baccarat game. It is also referred to as Pok Kao (meaning nine) or Pok Paet Pok Kao (paet means eight). This is because eights and nines are considered high values.
Want to bet and play games in order to win real money and other rewards? Register here!
Way of Playing Pok Deng
Pok Deng is renowned as having high odds of winning. Bets are played at a fast pace and each player has chances to place wages and get bonuses.
How Pok Deng Cards are scored
- Ace: 1 point
- Cards 2 to 9 are counted as such
- Cards 10-Jack-Queen-King have 0 points each
How to Play Pok Deng
Every Pok Deng game has 6 players. Prior to the beginning of the hand, the player has to decide to place a bet. The dealer will then have to divide cards, with every player getting 2 cards.
There will then be different cases for the next moves:
- If the two cards contain a total score under 4, the player would then get a 3rd card.
- If the two cards have a total score between 4 and 7, then the one playing could then draw a third card or remain the same.
- If the total score is at 8 or 9, the player should be the same, and not get one more as the win is high.
Soon enough, all the players cards are opened. The cards are then compared to determine the winnings.
Do sports betting, live dealer casino and slots wherever and whenever! Visit BetVision now!
Here are the victorious hands in a game of Pok Deng, ranked from biggest to smallest:
- Pok 9: first 2 cards total to 9 points
- Pok 8: first 2 cards amount to 8 points
- Straight Flush: 3 cards contain the same suit and are consecutive
- Three of a kings: 3 cards have the same value.
- Straight: 3 consecutive cards
- 3 Western Cards: 3 cards including J, Q, and K.
- Other cases.
If there is a case where two parties have a similar situation, the tie and player commission is taken out of the pot.
What to Remember When Playing Pok Deng
Here are some reminders for everyone playing pok deng; some pok deng tricks they can take into account:
- Have a mastery of the game’s rules
Every game has its own things to mind. If you want to play well here, the players should be knowledgeable of the game’s rules. When one takes part in a Pok Deng game, they should determine when to get a third card, and halt to win for themselves.
- Streamlined cards
The players have to know how to fix their cards. In that way, they can guess the hand they have in order to win. This is also the same for games like blackjack or poker.
- Better control of emotions
Those who can get their emotions under control usually do better than those who are impulsive. The latter always concentrate on playing to reclaim the amount they lost; thus leading to more losses.
Play Pok Deng Online Now!
Thanks to modern technology, there are more opportunities for people in Asia to play this native game such as Singapore Pool History. One of the places you can go to play is BetVision. Find out now how to do this by visiting them now!